Friday, February 20, 2009

How rough it is to be almost 3 weeks old!


Doesn't he look pathetic? It's kind of like he has finally just given in to sleep after fighting it for so long. You can tell he is not happy about it though. So you can't really tell because he looks peaceful for a moment while dad gives a bottle, but Justin HATES his 'secure sleeper' (above). Justin also hates his bassinet, swing, bouncy chair...and pretty much every other gadget that is meant to induce sleeping. He usually ends up in my arms or on my chest at night, which I think is considered a big no no...but i'm at a loss otherwise. We've tried swaddling him in order to keep his hands from flailing around and scaring him. He hates that too..and can usually get them out. He is incredibly strong...and even stronger when he is incredibly mad! It amazes me. The one position he really loves to be is on his tummy, and he obviously cannot sleep like that. He loves tummy time. I guess there is one thing he really likes.

He is so tired right now he can't stand himself!! I am going to go try to get him to sleep (somehow).

1 comment:

  1. He'll come around, he's just trying to get it all figured out. I know that's not much comfort to you right now. I remember the days of being very tired, and my babies were pretty good sleepers, Just remember if he goes to sleep you need to too. Take your phone off the hook and cruise....

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Aaron and I met while attending college @ Montana State University in Bozeman, MT. We got married in 2006 after dating for a few years. In 2007, we moved to Cheyenne because I was offered a great job with the state. We bought a house in August of 2008, and we just welcomed our first baby on Feb 1st of 2009! What a whirlwind it has been...

Blog Archive

Followers