Friday, March 6, 2009

Shih-Tzu has a breakdown...and I may be next!


Are you wondering what the heck that means? I thought so...

Wrigley loves Justin, but get's very anxious and nervous when he cries. The louder Justin cries, the louder Wrigley barks, howls, and whines. Justin will start fussing because he just woke up-and Wrigley races to find me wherever I am in the house (as if I don't hear him) in attempt to herd me into the bedroom. It's pretty cute, but really annoying. He kisses Justin and lays next to him when he is napping, but there are times when he gets fed up with the little creature who makes this awful screeching noise and flails his hands about. I can tell when Wrigley gets annoyed because he will stare at the baby and give a little growl as if to say, 'mom..I can't take it anymore..make him stop!' No, I am not worried about Wrigley hurting the baby. He does really well with him. I mean, we're all still adjusting. Let's be honest, I get annoyed too, and I know why he is crying most of the time. Wrigley just thinks we have this 'thing' staying with us that takes away any potential for him to get extra attention..and makes a lot of noise for no reason.

Wrigley threw up on Sunday and was clearly not feeling his usual self. It happens, and I figured it was something we gave him or something he ate outside. He was acting so weird, not eating or drinking and pacing around the house with his tail between his legs. He didn't seem to be feeling any better as time went on either. He did this for about a day before he started this odd snorting thing that he did ALL EVENING AND ALL NIGHT LONG. No kidding, I was up with the baby and Aaron was up tending to Wrigley. We were really worried about him and thought he must be horribly sick. He could not have looked more pathetic. I mean it kind of sounded like he was nearing death. We didn't' sleep at all...

Aaron took Wrigley to the vet first thing in the morning and called me to tell me to check in on him in a few hours. Later that day I called and the receptionist said that the vet had not been able to see him yet, but that I should come in at two to discuss our 'options'. What options I thought? I asked if he was ok, and she said that he was doing fine. I don't like the word fine, it sounds bad. Fine is like a nice way of saying 'not so good'. I know, I am a woman. I got Justin ready to go a few hours later. Of course, he started having a fit and falling in it about 10 minutes before we had to leave. The vet's office was completely chaotic. There were 2 huge dogs in the waiting room going nuts and barking like crazy. On top of that, their owners were yelling at them to stop barking-which was equally annoying and completely useless. This added noise only seemed to make Justin more upset. After about 20 minutes we were able to see the vet. He told me that Wrigley seemed great, that he hadn't made a sound all day, that he had tried everything he could think of to make him cough or snort..or make some kind of noise that would warrant him to worry. He could find nothing of concern and had done a full check-up on him.

I know it sounds silly and we joke about it-but I thought to myself...oh my gosh, this was a ploy to get out of the house! He spent the day relaxing at the vet's office while I sat home listening to Justin cry all by myself! We agree that we think he finally lost it, that he had a puppy mental breakdown and could not deal anymore. A day at the vet's office is all it took to get the little guy back to normal!! We're glad to have him back.

All is normal again in the Moon household. Aaron is on full daddy duty tonight. I am going out to dinner and drinks with the girls from work. I am looking forward to it and it is a long awaited girls night out!!

1 comment:

  1. What a riot! These pups are sometimes sharper than we are I think! Bill & I spent last night half awake worrying about our Tipper! Then this morning I followed Tip around the yard and was able to report that "all is well". I'll fill you in come April! P.S. Jacques goes crazy when I sneeze and they both disappear to the bedroom when sports come on the TV! So glad Wrigley loves Justin. Wait til Justin is old enough to pull his hair..........

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Aaron and I met while attending college @ Montana State University in Bozeman, MT. We got married in 2006 after dating for a few years. In 2007, we moved to Cheyenne because I was offered a great job with the state. We bought a house in August of 2008, and we just welcomed our first baby on Feb 1st of 2009! What a whirlwind it has been...

Followers