Monday, March 2, 2009

Feeling 'Blah'

Good afternoon everyone! We were up until about 3 last night with Justin sleeping 10 minutes here 15 minutes there. He was fussy and squirmy and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Usually some gas drops, diaper changing, and feeding will do the trick. However, we tried it all and...nothin'. He spit up all over himself (and me) and then he peed on himself when I changed his diaper! It was a rough go and we were both cranky. Finally, at about 3, we got to sleep and didn't wake up until 6:30 when Aaron took him for a while before he went to work. Luckily we were able to nap on and off a little this morning. I am so tired and I think I am getting sick. When I woke up at 6:30 my throat felt like it was swollen shut. It feels better, but is still swollen. I have a headache and I am roasting-although I don't think it is all that warm in here. I hope it is just a touch of something and that I can sleep it off-maybe when Aaron gets home or with Justin if he stays asleep for a while. I never lie down with him right away because I just end up getting comfortable and he wakes up. I usually wait until I can be sure he is in a sound sleep-then I figure it is safe to get cozy for a nap. I have been downing Vitamin C and juice today and I really don't want Justin to get sick. I think he does have a little something going on. His nose has been really plugged and he sounds 'flemmy' when he breathes. Aaron gave him a warm bath and sat in the bathroom with him yesterday (nose sucker in hand and shower on hot) to steam him clear. It worked and I think we will need to do it again. Aaron is good at that stuff. He takes charge. I usually panic and don't know what to do. It's like, 'don't worry Justin, we'll get daddy'...

Have a good day everyone. I am going to try to lie down with him because it looks like he is in a deep sleep. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I think you jinxed yourself by telling us all the good stuff. I am sure tonite will be better. Hope you get feeling better. Give him loves from us! Gramma & Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you don't feel well, Shaye - has to be tough. Here are a couple of ideas for you - Lemon Ginger Tea - as hot as you can stand, salt water gargle as hot as you can stand, steam over a pan of water on the stove and in the shower and Coldeeze. I thought infants had a natural immunity from their moms for awhile? Don't hesitate to phone the Pediatrician if you think Justin's lungs are congested. They're used to getting calls at all hours! Hugs from far away!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Aaron and I met while attending college @ Montana State University in Bozeman, MT. We got married in 2006 after dating for a few years. In 2007, we moved to Cheyenne because I was offered a great job with the state. We bought a house in August of 2008, and we just welcomed our first baby on Feb 1st of 2009! What a whirlwind it has been...

Followers