Monday, January 19, 2009

What's up doc?!

Here I am, making a weird face at the camera, and ready to head in for an ultrasound and exam to see how big baby is and make sure all is well. It was neat to see the baby at this stage. We were able to confirm he was STILL a boy, and get a pretty good look at his chubby-cheeked face! Yup, he's gonna be a little chunker folks! He is a big boy, and he is measuring approx 6lbs 9 oz right now. As far as being big...they say he is in the 75th percentile. I talked to the doc and if he does not come before then, she wants to induce at 39 weeks (which I guess would be around Feb 11th or so). However, after a little investigation she told me that the baby is VERY low, in fact she felt his head with little effort. It was so crazy! Anyway, I am also about 2 cm. dilated and 'ripe' (as they say)! Basically, she doesn't think I will make it to 39 weeks. Aaron and I went to pre-register at the hospital so we have that out of the way and taken care of. I guess that he could come anytime now, and I have lots of odds and ends to tie up at work!!!!! It is so exciting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Aaron and I met while attending college @ Montana State University in Bozeman, MT. We got married in 2006 after dating for a few years. In 2007, we moved to Cheyenne because I was offered a great job with the state. We bought a house in August of 2008, and we just welcomed our first baby on Feb 1st of 2009! What a whirlwind it has been...

Followers