Monday, January 26, 2009

Another appointment down!

Hi everyone!

We had our weekly appointment today with the Dr. All is progressing well. I am still about 2 cm. dialated and 90% effaced. We talked more about the scheduling of the induction around the beginning of the 39th week. I am exactly 36 weeks, 5 days right now. When I go to my apt at 38 weeks, 5 days on the 9th-we will try to get me scheduled in for the 11th. I may have to be 'bumped' a day depending on how busy they are, but it will be about then give or take a day.

I am not sure what I thought would happen today. You would think I expected she would wheel me down to labor and delivery right then and there. I'm kidding, but you build these last appointments up in your mind so much and it's all you can think about. Time just seems to drag on and all I want to do is meet him. I guess I had just imagined they would tell me something really exciting, something that I could dwell on and talk about until next Monday's appointment. However, there is not much she could tell me, as babies are unpredictable and come when they want to. The one thing that I can always be sure of finding out is that I continue to gain weight rapidly. It's just a waiting game at this point and the biggest problem is that I am NOT a patient person whatsoever! I don't mean to complain, but it's my blog so I figure I can do what I want. Besides, I just need to get it off my chest. I am tired. I am very large. I am always overheated and sweating constantly. Even my pregnancy underwear do not fit right and they roll down under my stomach. The most annoying thing of all is that I am VERY swollen. My feet are unrecognizable and they hurt. My fingers are little sausages. My heartburn is so bad that I am awoken 3 or 4 times a night with that horrible burning sensation that no combination of pills and tums can get rid of. Working with the public is getting more and more difficult as my patience dwindles away to almost nothing.

I know it IS all worth it
, and I feel blessed to be able to experience all of this and know that my little man is almost here. I guess it is just one of those days where I cannot help but be annoyed. I didn't sleep much last night between the 50 trips to the bathroom, tossing and turning to get comfortable, and waking myself up with my own snoring.


Thanks for listening. Aaron, thank you for telling me you feel sorry for me and continuing to call me petite so I feel better. I love you.


2 comments:

  1. Those last few weeks are hard. Just to give you some encouragement, I was 2 cm and 90% at my last checkup and I went that night. Sometimes that exam gets things moving. I also took a 3 mile walk. I know that sounds silly, but I just wanted this baby out!

    Like you said, It will all be work it when you see that beautiful little boy. Hang in there....before you know it he will be 6 months old and you will wonder where the time went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Julie :)

    -Shaye

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Aaron and I met while attending college @ Montana State University in Bozeman, MT. We got married in 2006 after dating for a few years. In 2007, we moved to Cheyenne because I was offered a great job with the state. We bought a house in August of 2008, and we just welcomed our first baby on Feb 1st of 2009! What a whirlwind it has been...

Followers